[MCP] [Q] Methods not used

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Feb 13 22:20:41 UTC 2003

On Thursday 13 February 2003 02:06 pm, diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
wrote:

> This is the first (of many to come) question from MCP (Morph
> Cleaning Project)
>
> SLint report 50 methods in Morph not used, they are:

> #addAlarm:after: #addAlarm:at: #addAlarm:with:at:
> #addAlarm:with:with:after: #addAlarm:with:with:at:
> #isSteppingSelector: #removeAlarm:at:

These methods are part of the Morph alarm and stepping API. I think
they're useful, though clearly under-used.

> #bottomRight:

More positioning API. If you keep the other methods (like #topLeft:)
you should keep this one.

> #disableGestures #hasReferencedGestureDictionary

Genie API? Probably good to have, though I've never used either. I
could definitely see the use of #disableGestures.

> #withAllOwners #submorphBefore #submorphWithProperty:
> #rootMorphsAtGlobal:

structure queries. Some are being used in Connectors.

> #privateFullBounds:

setter for fullBounds. If you want to use accessors, you could change
26 of the 27 instances where fullBounds is assigned to directly to
use this.

> #doesOwnRotation #dragSelectionColor #dropSuccessColor
> #adjustedCenter:
> #altSpecialCursor0 #altSpecialCursor1 #altSpecialCursor2
> #altSpecialCursor3 #balloonColor:
> #bounds:from:
> #completeModificationHash #constructorString
>  #imageFormWithout:andStopThere:
> #inspectArgumentsPlayerInMorphic: #inspectInMorphic #isBalloonHelp
> #isModalShell  #morphReport
> #morphsInFrontOverlapping: #moveWithPenDownByRAA: #nameInModel
> #okayToExtractEasily
>  #removeLink: #rootAt:
>  #screenLocation #setProperties:
> #slotSpecifications #specialNameInModel #structureString
>#textToPaste
> #transportedMorph #updateAllScriptingElements #wantsEveryMouseMove

Don't know about these.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com