[BUG] KDE 3.1 KMail copy/paste from/to Squeak broken (Re: [unix][vm] 3.4gamma1)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Feb 14 17:56:00 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 February 2003 04:25 pm, Ian Piumarta wrote:
> I've just put a 3.4gamma1 Unix VM in the usual place [1] with
> tarballs/rpms of source, binaries (386 and ppc) and the image
> (3.4g1-5168) from which the core VM was generated.  This VM is
> stable and is the one I intend to ship as 3.4-1 when the "3.4
> final" image arrives.

I am not sure whether this is a Squeak bug, or a KMail bug, but it's
annoying. With KDE 3.1 (and apparently also KDE 3.0.5, from another
report), you can't copy and paste between Squeak and KMail.

However, copy/paste to/from (say) KWrite works OK.

The symptoms are this: you can't copy from Squeak to KMail at all.

Copying from KMail to Squeak truncates after a few hundred characters.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com