End-user accessing Squeak "program" from a VT220 terminal?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Feb 14 16:59:46 UTC 2003

On Friday 14 February 2003 08:45 am, Nevin Pratt wrote:
> Anybody got any other ideas?
>
> Oh, yea, another piece of info: I think I could entice the Ingres
> 4GL code to work satisfactorily thinking it was talking to a VT100
> terminal rather than a VT220.

There are a couple of pieces available:

* Ian's VT* emulators and TelnetMachine (can be used to interpret
cursor motions, and maintain a character map)
* the SerialPort (which, alas, must be polled (anyone up for making a
blocking SerialPort implementation using the async file support?)

But you'd have to interpret what was being presented on the screen
somehow in order to make sense of it.

In a sense, you'd need a screen *de*composition program...

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com