Mutable Points/Rects in Morphic

Bill Spight bspight at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 15 16:27:56 UTC 2003

tblanchard wrote:

> Well one way to fix this might be to define the coordinates of each
> morph in terms of its container morph.
> That would solve having to keep updating coordinates in components of
> complex morphs.  OTOH, there's also  the cost of translating coordinate
> systems for drawing - so maybe there's no net gain.

Well, that's how I construct my go boards. For comparison I opened the
MineSweeper game and dragged it about. It took about 5 seconds of
dragging on my machine before there was a snag, although the dragging
wasn't all that smooth. Then I made a 30x16 go board to get
approximately the same number of rectangles, and I could drag it around
for 13 seconds without a snag. Looks like a significant difference to
me. :-)

Bill