Current State of SmaCC?

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Sat Feb 15 17:59:42 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've just uploaded this afternoon a new version from our nice SqueakNic
here in Bern
to SqueakMap organized by Alexandre Bergel.

BUT: I have problems with SqueakMap right now.
If I download from there, I still get the older version, which Anthony
evaluated,
and seems to be ok also.  I also cannot update form alpha-version to
gamma
right now. Is there a cache involved somewhere?

If you want the new version, you have to download it directly from
http://www.emergent.de/smacc/smaccDevelopment.sar

Alain Plantec fixed some outstanding issues with the GUI,
only the highlighting of some parser-errors has to be fixed now.

Here a quote from Alain:
> Here is a little changes set for SmaCCParserGenerator :
>    - added to buttons for old Scanners/Parsers definition comment
> retrieving
>    - added some class methods :
>        - open : create and open a new UI;
>        - flapButton : return an IconicButton  that can be dropped into
> a user flap;
>        - openFlapButton : open the flap button in the world;
>        - windowColorSpecification for window coloring (the window
> color can now be set with "world menu/appearence/windows color")
>  - fixed main window resizing.
>    - SmaCCParserGenerator is now a direct subclass of Object with a
> SystemWindow (mainWindow)
>      as intance variable.

It is 18:45 now, and since 11:00 we have showing demos,
(we were 14 :-)
including Smacc, Rosetta form Joseph Pelrine, which
could be used to convert Smalltalk file to several versions,
a nice demo how to do demos with Squeak from
Marcus Denker, and a new SmalltalkWiki being done
here at Berne as a research- and teaching-project from
Lukas Renggli (still VW, but will be ported),
Diego Gomez Deck showed his gravitating morphs and
did a little coding-session with Hannes Hirzel, Joseph Pelrine,
and Stephane Ducasse to port a newer version
of SUnit to Squeak, soon to be seen on SqueakMap also.

Four of us also went out for an hour to join a demonstration
with another 30000 people here in Berne against a possible Iraq-war.

Markus