Current State of SmaCC?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Sun Feb 16 13:35:02 UTC 2003

Hi!

Markus Gaelli <gaelli at emergent.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just uploaded this afternoon a new version from our nice SqueakNic
> here in Bern
> to SqueakMap organized by Alexandre Bergel.
>
> BUT: I have problems with SqueakMap right now.
> If I download from there, I still get the older version, which Anthony
> evaluated,
> and seems to be ok also.  I also cannot update form alpha-version to
> gamma
> right now. Is there a cache involved somewhere?

Eh, no. SqueakMap is only a catalog - if you are getting the old version
through SqueakMap then I would guess you haven't updated your catalog
(Do "update map from the net" in the menu).

Going from alpha to gamma (the image I presume) is something completely
different - that is the update stream and has nothing to do with SM.

> If you want the new version, you have to download it directly from
> http://www.emergent.de/smacc/smaccDevelopment.sar

This is the url currently in the map (as can be seen on:

> http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/890450b1-e943-4147-9a47-b0ab537288c3

...so installing through SM should work.

regards, Göran