port of prevayler

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Mon Feb 17 15:55:17 UTC 2003

Hi,

> Yes, much better. :-) We have one good language (Smalltalk) why not use
> it? All this focus on XML (in the IT industry over all that is) is
> really tiresome.

Tiresome, indeed. But I think SIXX has some advantages for serious, robust
systems.

- It automatically resolves circular or shared references.
(In "do it" approach, you have to write it on your own).

- It is safe.
("Do it" could be a security hall. You can insert dangerous expressions).

- It is portable.
(SIXX has been ported to 3 Smalltalks. It can be converted to other data
structures by processing parsed dom tree).

So I think it is oversimplified to say "much better".

---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]