License issues... (was: Re: port of prevayler)

Alain Hoang hoanga at mac.com
Mon Feb 17 20:43:27 UTC 2003

Hi,

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 03:18  PM, cg at cdegroot.com wrote:
[snip]
> Probably we need a variant of the LGPL that clearly defines the
> boundaries of a package for Squeak. Hard to do, with all the mix-up
> that
> is going on inside an image...

	I've seen discussion about the want for a LGPL that would work for
Squeak.  it seems that the folks at Franz had similar issues when
dealing with making some of their LISP software Open Source so they
ended up writing the LLGPL which clarifies GPL software in a LISP image
based environment.  This sounds very similar to Squeak and am wondering
how well it would work.  You can find a blurb on it here.
http://opensource.franz.com/preamble.html

	I'm not a lawyer by any stretch of the imagination but perhaps some of
the more lawyer minded on the list could see if this could possible be
used as a start to a GPL that is Squeak friendly.

Best regards,
Alain