[DOCS] Licenses, documentation, XML serialization (was Re: port of prevayler)

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Tue Feb 18 09:47:29 UTC 2003

Hi Marco
goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> Hi Marco and all!
>
> Marco Paga <mail at marco-paga.de> wrote:
[snip]

> > >- SIXX (XML serialization) implemented by "Masashi Umezawa"
> > ><umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp> (on SqueakMap)
> >
> > I think I will implement it too.
> >
> > I will use XML and the normal serialization process of squeak. But what
> > would be the advantages? I can't see any.
Is is probably very easy to integrate SIXX.
It already takes care of circular references etc.
>From a user point of view it is important to know that my data
gets stored in a well known and  easily accessible format.

SIXX is available for other Smalltalks as well.
So if the need comes up to transfer the database to another
Smalltalk this comes in handy. (And perhaps you
are going to do a port to other Smalltalk dialects
if you have been successful on this one  ;-)

Regards
Hannes Hirzel