Transcript stream getting hung -djb

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Wed Feb 19 00:37:27 UTC 2003

Hi Ned,

Thanks for that advice.  In order to get the Transcript stream unhung I
signalled its semaphore.   I'll change the code to use
addDeferredUIMessage.

I seem to run into semaphore problems a lot.  Recently, NetNameResolver
got hung while resolving a name.

I also had problems with XMLRPC hanging while receiving a response.

Thanks again,
Derek

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 01:05 PM, Ned Konz wrote:

> WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: [ Transcript nextPutAll: whatever ].
Nerd on a Wire: Web and Information Solutions
Website Design - Database Systems - Site Hosting
604.874.6463
mailto:info at nerdonawire.com
For more information, visit http://nerdonawire.com