Why do ChangeSets sort?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Feb 20 04:37:41 UTC 2003

"Andrew C. Greenberg" <werdna at mucow.com> wrote:

	As a workaround, you can manually edit the changesets.

Yes, I know that.  As I wrote:

> Q3:  At the moment, I'm dealing with the problem by manually shuffling
>      the removal directives whenever I save a new version of the change
>      set.  Is there a better way to do this?

"Manually shuffling" = "manually editing".

I've now spent some time digging into the change set implementation.
It's actually one of the better documented parts of Squeak.
The use of dictionaries to hold things means that reordering is a
fundamental aspect of the way it currently works.
It looks like a fairly major overhaul of change sets to make them
record the only order which is actually KNOWN to work.