Why do ChangeSets sort?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Feb 20 07:59:52 UTC 2003

Hi Richard!

I know this isn't really an anwer to your problem but many are starting
to use DVS instead of ChangeSets (I don't know if DVS can be filed into
3.0) for distributing code.

It is really neat and the end result is a .st file which actually can be
filed in normally if the image doesn't have the code yet.

If it does have an older version of the code then DVS can file in the
new .st file - produce a changeset on the fly - and then only apply the
changes! It handles method removals etc.

Anyway, those who are using DVS seems to think it is a much simpler way
to distribute source than using changesets.

In your specific case you could simply file out the code into a 3.2
(which DVS works for), install DVS, read the short tutorial on DVS and
then produce a .st file for your code.

regards, Göran