It doesn't matter (Re: [To Ned] Re: [Q] slang)

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Fri Feb 21 17:35:47 UTC 2003

Tim Rowledge is wildly believed to have written:

> "PhiHo Hoang" <phiho.hoang at rogers.com> wrote:
>
> >     There are no VM, Ned. There are only plugins ;-)
> If it allocates objects like a VM, sends messages like a VM, garbage
> collects like a VM and quacks like duck, it's a duck. Er, VM.
> Deconstructing it into component parts, implementing it in hardware,
> wetware, majolica ware or evening wear doesn't change a thing.

    Upon deeeep and looong instropection,
    reflection, refraction, and contemplation,
    as usual, I must agree with you.

    Doesn't matter if it's componentized or polymerized.
    Doesn't matter if a plugin is pluginized or stuckinized.
    Doesn't matter if interpreter isa objectmemory.
    Doesn't matter if parser isa scanner.

    Doesn't matter if headless ghost shows its faceless head.
    Doesn't matter if 'doIt', 'just doIt' or 'sandbox doIt'.
    Doesn't matter if head in sand or just doIt in vain.

    It doesn't change a thing !!!

    It doesn't matter what's under the hood,
    as long as a foot is twelve inches.

    It doesn't matter if eToy or eMagi,
    and the first millions were easy.

    It doesn't matter, as long as my FreeCell flies.
    If it works, it doesn't matter.

    It doesn't matter.

    melancholy yours,

    PhiHo.