[Bug] TextMorph 'text color...' interface applies style to entire text not just selection

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Feb 21 23:07:13 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 16:39, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Friday 21 February 2003 01:24 pm, Ken Causey wrote:
> > Tested in both 5156 and 5169 updated images.  Grab a TextMorph and
> > choose 'text color...' from the halo menu.  Uncheck 'Apply changes
> > to entire text' and select part of the text.  Choose a style from
> > the Style popup menu.  When it is applied it is applied to the
> > entire text not just to the selected text.
>
> Actually, it doesn't affect the entire text, but it affects from the
> beginning of the selected text to the end of the text.
>
> So if you select some characters in the middle of the text and change
> them, the ones before your selection don't get changed.

I am unable to reproduce what you describe in 3.4b-5169.  If I have a
TextMorph containing the String 'This is a test of the emergency
broadcasting system' and select 'test of the emergency' and change the
style then the font of the entire String changes, both in the preview
and, when I choose accept, in the original TextMorph (or when I choose
cancel for that matter).  Oh and I doo have 'Apply changes to entire
text' unchanged.  To make this clear I started with a downloaded
3.4b-5156 image and loaded code updates, rejected 3.5 change, then
saved, exitted, restarted, and loaded code updates again to get to
5169.  For what it's worth this behaviour is identical in the generic
5156 image.

Ken