Licences Question : Squeak-L Art 6.

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Feb 22 18:20:03 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 15:38, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> If you know, can you supply more details on why the APSL 1.2 is
> inappropriate, other than not having been in existance when Squeak was
> created?

As they said, and as Jimmie correctly inferred, it is only meant for
projects they currently steward.

OBTW, I think it would help negotiations if we'd kick out the Apple
fonts from the image. I replaced the lot with Helvetica from the X11
distribution in a couple of hours, and the end result looks a lot more
modern to boot (I dare not say 'better' ;-)). The only issue is the left
arrow, but someone that knows more about Squeak fonts than I won't
probably have a lot of trouble coding up a glyph for it (personally, I'd
say kick it out, but that's an entirely different matter ;-)).