Licences Question : Squeak-L Art 6.

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sun Feb 23 15:22:47 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 18:46, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> About the fonts - I agree. Doug, Ned, how about adding the AccuFonts
> package, with an answer of "yes" to the replace fonts question, as the
> first update to 3.5alpha, and producing an image with that update, to
> create an Apple-font-free official image that we can bring to the Apple
> table?

Aren't the Accufont limited by a similar license? (i.e. "only for
Squeak"?). I'm not sure, just recalled something like that (which is
part of the reason I went with Helvetica - the other part being that it
makes Squeak look more 'normal').

> By "details" I meant any that might help understand what different
> things they are concerned about for projects they are currently
> stewarding, as opposed to Squeak.

I'm completely in the dark at the moment. There's a request lying on the
desk of the Higher Powers at Apple to look at it, and as I said I'm
expecting an answer on that at the end of next month, latest.