Adding Accufonts to the update stream (was Re: Licences Question : Squeak-L Art 6.)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Feb 24 10:58:18 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 06:53, Doug Way wrote:
> p.s. Here is the text of the Accufont license, for reference:
> [...]

>  Use of the fonts in derivative
> software products is allowed.

That's the biggest issue I have with the license. It's extremely vague -
what is a 'derivative software product'. And what if I want to use them
for something that does not fit that term?

Helvetica has no usage restriction and no 'advertising clause'.
Therefore, I'm in favor of using that (and Times, Courier to complete
the set of basic glyphs, of course).