Adding Accufonts to the update stream (was Re: LicencesQuestion : Squeak-L Art 6.)

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Mon Feb 24 15:07:53 UTC 2003

At Monday, 24 February 2003, you wrote:

>Wouldn't about now be a nicee time to have full native Unicode support
in
>Squeak? I looked at the Nihongo Squeak port at one time for some
>lexicography work, but the character processing routines were fearfully
>slow, and the author told me this was an unavoidable side-effect
of their
>being written in Squeak rather than at some lower level ...

You know, this is starting to spin out of control. This started out
as simply taking the Apple fonts out of the image, and now we're
talking about replacing the entire character system.

I think we need to make sure the original objective isn't lost --
we need to get the Apple fonts out of the image. All this other
stuff would be nice, but its not neccessary, and shouldn't be connected
in my opinion.

Remember, small steps, simple increments, etc...

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com