Adding Accufonts to the update stream (was Re: LicencesQuestion: Squeak-L Art 6.)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon Feb 24 16:37:12 UTC 2003

Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Jon Hylands wrote:
> > You know, this is starting to spin out of control.
> > This started out as simply taking the Apple fonts out of the image,
> > and now we're talking about replacing the entire character system.
>
> Adopting the ISO encodings eliminates other (more painful) problems that
> would present themselves if we were to attempt a "halfway" solution (such
> as replacing the fonts but retaining MacRoman encodings).

Ian, do you see a problem with loading AccuFonts to solve the license
issues now, and then doing as you guys propose as soon as we have
everything lined up? the VMs, image enhancements like keyboard shortcut
you proposed, and more (reasonable) amount of discussion to make sure we
didn't miss anything?

Daniel