Adding Accufonts to the update stream (was Re: LicencesQuestion:

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Feb 24 18:51:42 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 19:16, Jesse Welton wrote:
> It seems to me, this would be an unnecessary step.  Replacing Apple
> fonts with free Latin-X fonts would also solve the license issues now,
> and the rest would be ironed out in due order as part of the 3.5 alpha
> process.

Well, my opinion is that the AccuFonts aren't as free as we'd like; the
alternative, Helvetica et al., are encoded in ISO 8859-X. Therefore, the
options are:
- AccuFonts, knowing that we'd get a similar discussion again.
- Helvetica in ISO 8859-X encoding, with Squeak moving to ISO 8859 as
well.
- Helvetica in MacRoman encoding.

I think the second solution is the most definitive solution.