Licences Question : Squeak-L Art 6.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Feb 24 19:16:59 UTC 2003

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 08:15  AM, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> I think replacing the fonts is one of the easy things we can do to make
> things simpler, Easy, mostly, because people have already done this
> work
> (as John described), and it's on SM, pretty much ready to go.

I'll point out because it might not be obvious that the work done on
the accufonts ensures that
characters map correctly to display/keyboard exceptions (unlike) the
original fonts. In fact
for some keyboards using the old fonts it's impossible to display the
right accented character.

Using the "current font solution of the day" isn't only a licensing
issue, it's also an issue of character/keyboard
coverage too.
===