[Squeakfoundation]Re: Taking control of parts of Squeak

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Feb 24 19:44:16 UTC 2003

Hi all!

"PhiHo Hoang" <phiho.hoang at rogers.com> wrote:
> Hi Göran,

> > >     I took the liberty of forwarding this onto squeak-dev. since
> > >     that is the main territory. ;-)
> >
> > No problem. Roel just wanted to start "slow" by talking to me first to
> > "test the waters" (I assume). And I thought that the ideas in his email
> > are in-line with what I have been talking to lots of people about so I
> > moved it into the open.
> >
> > And since I was contacted as a Guide I moved it into the list where the
> > Guides are meant to discuss - the SqF list. That is the place where
> > *all* our communication is done (cross-posting of course when suitable).
>
>     Thanks. I just like to speed it up a bit ;-)

No problem, again.

> > Anyway, I will write a more detailed response to the subject itself
> > later. It seems that the discussion has managed to stay "sane" even
> > though the subject can be touchy.
>
>     I would say that it was more than just 'sane'.

Yes, I agree - that was not what I meant. Gah. It doesn't seem that it
matters what I say... :-)

>     We got constructive criticism and sound advices.
>     No flame whatsoever, considering the topic is very hot.

Of course, the community is very good. And perhaps I should have picked
squeak-dev before the sqf-list - but I consider both fora to be open and
followed by many Squeakers. The latter is simply a smaller list with a
narrower focus (no newbie help, not used to reach all Squeakers
regardless of interest etc). At least IMHO.

Anyway, you did nothing wrong in moving the thread into squeak-dev - I
just want you to understand the reasoning behind me slowstarting it from
the sqf list. I mean, hey - why do we otherwise have that list? ;-)

Personally I think this discussion is *the most important* issue for the
community right now and we need to find a process for this. If you or
anyone have good ideas how we should proceed then I/we are all ears -
this discussion just got started.

I also intend to post some form of proposal which I first would like to
discuss on the SqF-list with the other Guides in order to get it "in
shape".

> > Please remember everyone - we *do* need more structure now that we move
> > into the post-SqC era (that sounds cool) - but that doesn't mean that we
> > aren't working together. I would say the opposite - we will work *more
> > and more* together.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     PhiHo.

Cheers, Göran