Adding Accufonts to the update stream (was Re: LicencesQuestion:

Jack Johnson fragment at nas.com
Mon Feb 24 20:23:13 UTC 2003

Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:
>Alan (and what's left of SqC) are still doing a lot of Squeaking in
>schools, and as I understand it for them the Comic font is an important
>part of the psychology surrounding eToys and scripting.  This might be a
>consideration to keep in mind.

Even though the original core Microsoft Web fonts are not available
directly from Microsoft anymore, they are available (legally) on the Web:

	http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/eula.htm

	http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/

If someone were to write a utility to automatically extract the files
and use the TrueType directly, it might not be a big deal, and would
probably be more legal than the current scenario, I'm guessing.

-Jack