Adding Accufonts to the update stream (was Re: LicencesQuestion : Squeak-L Art 6.)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Feb 24 20:23:31 UTC 2003

Hi guys,

Just to throw in an extra thought into this discussion: If you are concerned
that switching the default encoding for fonts would prevent you from using
any of the existing fonts you are wrong. The fonts in Squeak contain a
character to glyph mapping so that any existing font (in any encoding) can
be used even if the default character set is changed. In other words, all
that's needed for all of the existing fonts is a WhateverWeDecide -> Mac
Roman mapping and that's it. I have used this mechanism (for example) for
the native font support on Windows.

Cheers,
  - Andreas