[BUG] ZipArchve>>extractMember:toFileNamed:

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Feb 26 07:19:58 UTC 2003

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> While trying to play with the Vera fonts I tried to install the Win32Fonts
> from Squeakmap. I had done this before and it always worked but not today.
[SNIP of description etc. Ned later found the problem btw]

This reminds me of an interesting "piece of the Squeak puzzle" I have
been thinking about. Perhaps someone is interested in implementing it.
The idea is to create a "build server" that simply just wastes CPU by
installing packages from SM and verifying that the install at least
works without throwing an Exception.

Of course, as we all know - this is hard to implement today since the
dependencies aren't here yet, but hopefully they will be soon. So this
little "build server" could evolve into an elaborate integration tester.
It could not only install single packages but of course combinations of
packages (think load scripts for example) and it could also execute test
suites for the packages to see that they are "ok".

So... anyone interested? I am fully aware that this system is pretty
heavily dependent on SM1.1 but someone could start on it.

Anyway, this kind of system could (perhaps) have caught the above
problem.

regards, Göran