[DOCS] RE: Wiki refactoring

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Wed Feb 26 08:56:07 UTC 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:51:33 +0100
Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> As Stephen points out the swiki has something similar like the well
> known wiki "categories" pages. Actually each page acts as a category
> page because it has a drop-down menu which shows the pages which link to
> the page.

As i say on the Wiki (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2352), the only problem i have with Swiki is
that there is no CapitalizedWords. I like them because they force you to create meaningfull links, not like single word (like comment or refactor).
Read this for a list of advantages of collapsed words : http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiNameAdvantages

I start to add several WikiTag (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3050). For example, put RecycleMe on unused Swiki pages. when you start to create new
swiki pages, use one in the recycle bin.

> The problem at the moment is that categorization is not put to
> systematic use.
>
> If someone has a good idea of a categorization scheme please step
> forward.
>
> A least we have the color codes in the title section. And we have some
> good entry points into the net of interlinked pages.

Yes, i know about the color codes, but you can't search colors categories and the number of categories are fixed right now.

> At the moment the documentation team has the focus of removing outdated
> information, adding current information and creating a comprehensive
> toc. Later we could think of doing various indexes (som  genenerated by
> scripts). If somebody likes to do this now please join the documentation
> team.

I add the : *Category Home Page* (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1563) in the Squeak Wiki.
You can use this category on you Swiki home page.

--
Serge Stinckwich                                         -< )  multiagent.com
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD                /~\  squeak.org