Beta test Bitstream Vera fonts available.

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Wed Feb 26 17:14:41 UTC 2003

At 8:47 AM -0800 2/26/03, <Jim.Gettys at hp.com> wrote:
>Fine as far as I can tell.  On plain old CRT's, you skip the
>subpixel stuff, of course, and CRT's add "natural" fuzz whether you like
>it or not.

But OTOH you *do* get better Nyquist filtering along the horizontal
with something close to the right lowpass filter at the sampling
limit. The lack of this in any dimension on flat panels is one of the
big reasons why the pitch has to be so high on flat panel displays.

BTW, Color picking on CRTs for better antialiasing has been
successfully used in the past by various folks and groups including
the old Negroponte Architecture Machine Group at MIT. (So it can be
done.)

Cheers,

Alan