[Q] Deleting projects

Mike Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 14:25:29 UTC 2003

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with understanding the deletion of projects (in 3.4).

If you click to delete 'The Worlds of Squeak' (and confirm) then only the top level project gets deleted - you can still jump to the sub projects from the World menu.  Whilst puzzling over this and looking through the deletion code I remembered that there is a block of code in the introduction window about how to delete 'The Worlds of Squeak'.  So I was wondering what the desired behaviour is?

Project>>okToChange checks the size of its subProjects.  If it thinks it has any then it tells you that you must remove them manually.  This is the case if you create a project, give it a child project and then try to delete the parent.

However, if you embed the child project in another Morph, like the ellipses in Worlds of Squeak, then the parent project doesn't believe, through Project>>subProjects that it has any children that should protect its deletion.  It appears that Project>>subProjects only checks one level of submorphs.  Is this a bug?

Thanks

Mike