[DOCS] Constructive Development Process (was: re: release prioritization)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Feb 28 22:26:21 UTC 2003

I'd be willing to work with something like this. A few comments -

IMO, SQEPs need a lighter name.

BOOS (Benevolent Oligarchy Of Squeak), aka, Squeak Guides. I think we
really prefer the chosen name, if you don't mind. Didn't quite
understand the intended difference between that and the editor. I don't
mind (read - would be glad if) there's someone else that handles all the
SQEP initially, but since we're likely to decide if it's going into the
image (assuming that it even should) maybe we're the editors? like I
said, I don't understand that nuance.

SQEPs should also have a section where they detail a transition plan,
including
* how it avoid breaking anything important, and
* what it's likely to break anyway, and
* how it get's split into lots of little stages that people can approve
in finite time, accepting finite risk
* How it'll be presented to the community in a testing friendly format
before us Guides are make positive decisions about it (I promise to
immidiately reject anything, without undue delays, if so requested by
the author ;-).

Daniel