[Q] How suitable is Squeak for Database work

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Jan 4 01:58:29 UTC 2003

Nevin Pratt <nevin at smalltalkpro.com> said:
>But apparantly I've either misunderstood, or else been misinformed, or
>else things have simply changed since then.

Probably all three. The story is, anyway, that if you create a database to use
a certain table storage type (not the default), then MySQL supports
transactions.

For storage behind O/R, MySQL probably is the best choice. PostgreSQL, because
of its support for ORDBMS thingies, is of course more interesting but I
haven't been able to come up with a good mapping between an OO environment and
an ORDBMS (I think it's even harder than O/R mapping :-)).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo