[Q] any known AMD issues?

Ken Collins kenncoll123 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 4 07:41:55 UTC 2003

I am now using a new machine and have run into many problems getting Squeak
to run as it did on my last (P4 933mhz 128 RAM) machine. I am wondering if
there are any known AMD issues. Everything else I normally use regularly
(audio/video/graphics/etc apps) work FINE on this machine. VW7 and STX also
work as usual.

I suppose this is most specific to VI4, since that is what I was using on my
last machine and want to keep using. On those lines, I FINALLY got
VI4-3.4Beta5156.image to work after nearly giving up...
Also, I get errors galore when trying to use SM that I never got on the P4
machine.

AMD Athlon 1.3 mhz
384 MB RAM
Win98SE

Suppose I should mention that I have reformatted HD several times and have
latest Norton Antivirus updates saying all is OK in that area.

TIA,

Ken