Last time an image was saved?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jan 5 20:00:59 UTC 2003

On Sunday 05 January 2003 07:38 am, Phil Hargett wrote:
> I'm always tweaking my environment, tailoring it to my work style
> and habits.  I find that I frequently save my image, but sometimes
> I'm not sure whether I've saved it recently enough already, so I
> save it again. Because of the way I organize my desktop, my
> Transcript is frequently covered by another window, so switching to
> the Transcript adds too many mouose clicks to a task I perform
> frequently.
>
> So here's the question: is there a way to retrieve the last save or
> snapshot date and time of the current image?  If I could do that, i
> would probably show that date/time in a an area of my desktop
> usually left uncovered, and put a button next to it so that I can
> save the image if it looks like it has been awhile.
>
> Not a question with significant impact on the future of squeak, but
> hey, it's Sunday morning when I write this. :)

You can get the current image name and get its statistics as a file.

Maybe something like:

TimeStamp fromSeconds: ((FileDirectory default directoryEntryFor:
Smalltalk imageName) modificationTime)

You might also look at ChangeList class>>getRecentLocatorWithPrompt:
aPrompt which parses the changes file.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com