Squeakmap error

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Jan 6 18:46:53 UTC 2003

Markus Fritsche <Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just want to point out that squeakmap throws an error if the directory
> "sm" or the files squeakmap.n.log are deleted. Since ".log"-files (at
> least under windows) are a candidate for being deleted (for the one's
> who are not interested in reading logs), the files should be renamed or
> squeakmap should check to recreate them, imho (btw., are the .log files
> logfiles?).

They are "transaction log files". Very important. Do not delete. :-)

The logfile with the highest number is the only one needed. The other
ones are "old" and redundant. The logfile contains the complete state
for the map and if you throw away your image SqueakMap will recreate
itself "in image" by loading the available logfile with the highest
number.

Sure, we could rename the files. In the database world people often talk
about "transaction logs" and that is what I meant.

regards, Göran