Squeak Image Size?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 8 20:30:22 UTC 2003

William Cole <jumpstart at csi.com> appears to have written:

> Does anyone have any direct or anecdotal knowledge of how large a Squeak
> image can get before running into memory constraints?
Theoretically it can get to something like a halfgig. Practically...
well lets just say that I have doubts that the garbage collection regime
is really useful for large amounts of dynamic data. I think it would
need to be split up a little more to create more generations and
possibly special spaces for things like large bitmaps, rarely touched
methods etc.
tim

Useful random insult:- Couldn't balance a checkbook if Einstein helped.