Has anyone succesfully installed squeak on RH 8.0?

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Thu Jan 9 02:06:34 UTC 2003

I do.

You can download what I am using from:

   http://www.smalltalkpro.com/downloads

There's nothing special about downloading it from my site.  You can also
get it from about anywhere.  But at least from my site you know exactly
what I am using.  And it works fine on RH 8.0.

Also, my download page mentions that Squeak is in the "ports" collection
of FreeBSD, thus indicating that FreeBSD requires a different VM binary
than Linux.  Well, interestingly enough, the Linux binary I'm using
under RH 8.0 runs on my FreeBSD box as well, with no changes.

Nevin