[BUG] troubles with damage management

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jan 9 19:59:05 UTC 2003

On Thursday 09 January 2003 11:11 am, Ross Boylan wrote:

> Oh my.  That certainly clears things up, and thanks for the
> suggested fixes.  They should be easy to do.
>
> Does anyone know why Morphic is single-threaded?  I always made fun
> of MS Windows for exactly this "feature", and it's kind of
> disappointing to see it here.

The standard multi-threading in Morphic is through the step and alarm
methods.

You can register step methods that will get called periodically at the
appropriate times from the UI task. You can also register for a
one-shot alarm.

Note that you can have more than one step method active at a time,
with different frequencies. (see step:at: and friends). So you're not
limited to just using #step and #wantsSteps.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com