VM Maker Tool

Sat Jan 11 01:17:26 UTC 2003

Hi Alexandre,

Take a look at PicSmalltalk, this is a smalltalk which generate Pic
assembler.
It has not all the facility of smalltalk like garbage collector or
method lookup,
but it seem easy to retarget the code generator to some kind of
microcontroller.
I would name it a macro assembler with a smalltalk syntax.
http://www.huv.com/uSeeker/smalltalk/pic.html
http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/mail/squeak/msg04511.html

LittleSmalltalk in version 4 is also small but you need a malloc library
on your
microcontroller.

PocketSmalltalk is perhaps the bigger of the three but will fit in 64k,
it also need
a malloc library.

Have a nice project.
Alain