[Q] Status of blocks

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Jan 11 17:06:23 UTC 2003

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org> appears to have written:

> Also, what's the current status of the redo that fixes this (VI4, I
> think)?  That is, when is it going to get merged in?
Anthony Hannan's BCS work provides a solution to the block semantics
problems and functions quite well. However, some us vm types are bit
concerned with some of the design details and are (very slowly) trying
to work out what to do next. We _will_ get there eventually.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! = May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!