[Q] Status of blocks

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jan 11 19:36:02 UTC 2003

On Saturday 11 January 2003 12:10 am, Ross Boylan wrote:
> Thanks to Ned's advice, I'm using blocks to fix a problem I had.  I
> thought I'd better check that I'm using blocks appropriately for
> squeak.

Hi Ross,

Another strategy to look at might be to use MessageSends.
These combine a receiver, a selector, and optional arguments; when you
send them #value they do:

receiver perform: selector withArguments: arguments

I converted my Connectors from using Blocks to using MessageSends
because I found that blocks had a number of problems, including not
being serializable easily.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com