Alpha channel in JPEG's

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Sun Jan 12 15:44:06 UTC 2003

I'd like to load several JPEG's over top of each as a single picture in
Squeak.  The first JPEG would contain no alpha channel (no transparent
portion).  However, subsequent JPEG's would contain an alpha channel for
the transparent portions of the picture.

It is for my wife's web site:  http://www.bountifulbaby.com, which is
driven by Squeak.

In short, I want to be able to load a base picture of a doll, and then
overlay different hair, eyes, etc. over the base picture.

Can this be done within Squeak?  Where do I start?  Anybody got any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Nevin