Curious behavior

Bill Spight bspight at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 13 07:07:22 UTC 2003

Dear Ned,

Again I am in your debt. Many thanks. :-)

Bill:
> > The problem comes, though, before this method is called. Instead of
> > sending the #new message to GoStoneHandler (which has no class
> > methods of its own, and is a subclass of EllipseMorph)

Ned:
> That sounds a bit peculiar. I usually think of things called Handlers
> as being non-GUI elements (i.e. models). But I don't know your
> design.

Hmm. Maybe I should call it something else. Or redesign.

Bill:
> > Squeak sends
> > it to UndefinedObject. Which does not work, OC.

Ned:
> Do you have a GoMorph class variable or pool variable (or did you
> ever) with the name GoStoneHandler?

Yes, Sherlock, it did show up as a class variable. I had accidentally
made it one, but had removed it (I thought). Anyway, now it's really
gone, and everything works. :-)

Thanks again,

Bill