newbie question about Scamper and firewall proxy

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 15:04:21 UTC 2003

Hi again,

Actually, I found that if I download the new 3.4gamma image and then
fileIn the HTTP-proxy changeset again that everything(?) works okay.  I
get the message "LogToTranscript is still used in the code of class
HTTPSocket.  Is it okay to move it to Undeclared?" and I suspect that
there is still a collision.

I vote that the HTTP-proxy changeset be incorporated in the base,
RATHER THAN assuming that we don't need no stinkin' authentication.

Rah, rah.

---------------------
Hi,

I have been successfully using the changeset referred to below in order
to get through the firewall at work with the proper authentication.  If
I try to upgrade to 3.4, apparently there is a collision between this
changeset and 5016u27-xTPfixes-hg and I can only get about 31 of the
fixes put on before I permanently lose the firewall
path/authentication.

I can't be the only person that has to authenticate to a firewall.
Maybe this proxy/authentication fix could be incorporated into the
xTPfixes instead of remaining rogue?  Or is there something in the
xTPfixes that addresses this that I am missing?

Or maybe this is addressed in a later fix in the stream for 3.4 and I
am running into a Catch-22 situation with the order that the fixes are
in??

Thanks for any help you can provide.