[DISCUSS] Double-click should be "blue click"

Jim.Gettys at hp.com Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Tue Jan 14 19:34:14 UTC 2003

Yes, on the same PC.  New boxes help yet further.

For example, a really gross bug accounted for some/much of nautilus'
pokeyness; that got fixed, and they've continued to work on speed.

As I'm primarily a Gnome user (I'm on the gnome foundation board, so I spend
most of my time poking at it), I certainly can't vouch for improvements in KDE.
But competition will cause them to care eventually, if they don't already
(I expect they do..).  The one problem KDE has that Gnome does not is
that TrollTech does most of the work on Qt, and so they are somewhat hostage
to TrollTech for improvements (though the nautilus example is one of a
disgusting application bug, rather than toolkit).
                                        - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Cambridge Research Laboratory