[DISCUSS] Double-click should be "blue click"

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Tue Jan 14 20:43:24 UTC 2003

Jim.Gettys at hp.com wrote:

>That doesn't mean I'm encouraging people to switch environments they
>are comfortable with: just that the recent open source desktops
>are evolving quickly and continuing to improve, and worth checking out
>from time to time.
>                                  - Jim

I typically look again when I upgrade my machine.

Right now, my main machine is a 650 Mhz. Dell Inspiron laptop.  On this
machine, using WindowMaker, everything is up and ready, complete with
NeXTSTEP-like look and feel, approximately one second after hitting the
"Enter" key on the login panel.  Yes, that's _one_ second!  And on a 650
Mhz. machine!

Memory usage is also similarly dramatically lower.

I don't know how the WindowMaker folks did it, but I am impressed!

Nevin