[StarBrowser] why a singleton?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jan 15 21:55:32 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 01:49 pm, Brent Vukmer wrote:
> When I add or remove an item to one StarBrowser, the change is
> reflected in all the StarBrowser morphs that I have open. I was
> curious as to why that was so.  I understood StarBrowser to be a
> way of organizing one's Squeak environment, especially browsing...
> So shouldn't a StarBrowser inside Project 1  be a different view
> than a StarBrowser inside Project 1?

You can open a StarBrowser on a different root classification if you
wish. It's just that the default menu choice to open a StarBrowser
uses a singleton.

If you want to have a root per project, that's easy to do.

As far as setting it up by default to act that way, I'll have to think
about it.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com