A squeak3.4 VM will be needed

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Tue Jan 21 16:38:46 UTC 2003

In this vein also.

It seems to me to be nice if there were a stable stream for vm updates
as there are for the code updates.

Just like a user would click on "load code updates" there could be a
mechanism in there which asks/informs the user of vm updates.

I would think most users who keep their image or apps updated might want
to keep their vm up to date. In an update stream with the current Squeak
handling the details would require the least of the user regarding vm
maintainence. The server could have the ugly informational vm name,
squeak3.2-5a.exe or whatever. But the update mechanism would install to
the users system with the friendly name Squeak.exe and potential
renaming the old vm.

Just a thought.

Jimmie Houchin

[snip]