SqueakMap - analysis tools?

Bill Schwab bills at an4.anest.ufl.edu
Sat Jan 25 17:41:22 UTC 2003

Hello all,

SqueakMap seems to be taking off nicely, and it is a nice way to grab goodies.  However, I still come back to the problem of starting from scratch.  Dolphin's commercial origins force the issue with each release, but it's also a nice sanity check on whether or not I know what is in my image.  Are there any good tools for deciding what to load into a new image?  I encourage and Dolphin-using Squeakers to take a look at Migrate from my Dolphin Goodies - especially the version packaged for D5.  I would really like to see something like it for Squeak.

The other issue, mentioned before, is that SM seems to favor downloading over locally cached copies.  Ideally, it should offer to download updates, but be willing to load packages from the local drive.  Has that been addressed?

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology