Questions - RE: Dynamic scoping

Swan, Dean Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Tue Jan 28 21:25:15 UTC 2003

Please pardon my interruption, but 90% of this thread just makes my
head spin, so I have some questions:

	1) Is it correct that this whole dynamic scoping thing is
		limited to resolving references to named objects within
		the context of an executing method?

	2) If the answer to 1) is "yes", then couldn't the dynamic
		scoping be accomplished by using accessor
		methods instead of direct references to named objects?

		If I'm understanding what is desired here, I'm not sure
		why we need another mechanism for runtime binding of
		names.  It seems like you could accomplish the dynamic
		scoping with just accessors and thisContext to trace
		sender chains.

	3) Is the idea here related to namespaces, except with a
		runtime context dependency?

Could someone please "set me straight" on this?

							Thanks...

							-Dean