Jabber question/remote pair programming...

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Tue Jul 1 12:47:12 UTC 2003

I think it can be an interesting basis for the way to interact with a
versioning system -
* You get automatic updates about changes anyone (or interesting
parties) make to any code (or just specific packages).
* The way the versioning system gets its information is that it is
simply another player in this game - getting updates from everyone
that's working - except that instead of displaying something, it would
simply save the state of each session it is connected to.

So each session is recorded as a diff against a known version on the
server. There is still a question of what the basis should be - the
pristine version of Squeak at that update level + those packages?

BTW, of course we'd need some client flexibility to allow one to control
what and when is published. Not all code should be recorded publically.

Daniel