[BUG][FIX] BFAV not showing all posts

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Tue Jul 1 14:01:32 UTC 2003

I'm re-posting this so that it will get picked up by the main Bug Fixes
Archive page ( http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes ) and be visible in the
default Bug Fixes Archive Viewer.  Andreas's bug report is below, with
my comments following.

> Looking for a specific set of enhancements (namely, Anthony's changes)
> found absolutely nothing showing up in BFAV. Going to the
> SQFIXES archives showed me that the posts _were_ listed there
> and looking at the email-repository I found that the contents
> of the post in question simply said "an error occured...
> server not responding".
>
> So it seems as if (that version of?) BFAV will simply drop
> messages if the server is not responsive. I just dumped the
> entire archive and reloaded it from scratch and (looking over
> all the posts manually) it seems that this time things went
> well (e.g., no server errors) but if it hasn't this bug
> should be fixed. It's very hard to review fixes if you don't
> even see them
> ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

The following should be fixed in the 1.23 BFAV release:
- the HTTP-get should handle server-not-responding better
- error messages should not get saved to the file repository anymore
- the BFAV will check there are no gaps in the list of posts that it has
loaded, after each "load updates"
- if there are gaps, the BFAV will try to load the missing posts

This bug could use a lot of test-love.  Volunteers to install and test
the latest BFAV from SqueakMap?